Wednesday 7 January 2015

Andy Warhol



I've had these beautiful boots for a while now but I didn't really know what to wear with them. Then I came to the realisation that I could just wear them with tailored trousers and a palette of navy and black, nothing new there. I got them from New look and I chose an over the knee style but with a flatter heel as walking long distances, like I do, in heeled over the knee boots would probably kill me.I absolutely love the fact that they are so comfy and they have probably become my favourite boots by far.I have also gone crazy with the turtle necks recently as well. Although  I know that Steve Jobs and Andy Warhol were probably the first people out there to be a part of this trend I decided to give it a shot and attempt to not look like a middle aged man.

I have also been giving the minimalist life style ago as I absolutely love the minimalist/scandi style. I have started this off by trying to de-clutter my handbags and carry a smaller bag when appropriate. This black jewelled box clutch is perfect as it has a chain for day wear and you can detach it for wearing on an evening, who doesn't love a good 2-in-1?

If you liked this post or have any post requests please feel free to leave a comment below.

Emily x

4 comments:

  1. Love this post, outfit posts are definitely my favourite types of posts! I really want to invest in flat over the knees, I have heeled ones are they are definitely not everyday boots, which is a shame because they are so beautiful!

    Clothing Conscious // Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're definitely mine too! I really struggled with the decision between flat and heeled but I would definitely say the flat option is a good investment, they are so comfy! x

      Delete
  2. Honestly, you can never go wrong with an all black outfit - and keeping a minimalist wardrobe makes getting dressed so much easier.

    rae of love from berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea all black is definitely my go to if I can't decide what to wear. I'd have to agree the minimalist wardrobe has completely got rid of some of my morning struggle!

      Delete