Friday 26 December 2014

Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit





I know that this isn't exactly a festive post but I decided it was time to share this little beauty with everyone. Recently Sephora lured me in with a good old fashioned discount code causing me to splurge on this baby. I have heard so many people rave about this all in one product I just had to see what all the hype was about.I heard that Sephora now ship to the UK a while back and decided that now was the time to test their site.

 Everyone as been after a more contoured look ever since the Kardashians appeared, showing us their beautifully chiselled cheek bones and in that moment the world jumped on the contour bandwagon. Being a person of the dreaded pale skin I was always fearful of trying to contour. I used to use (and still do use) The Body Shops Honey Bronzer which is absolutely perfect for us pasty people but thought it was time to switch it up a bit.

This kit is from the makers of the ultimate holy grail product, the Anastasia Brow Wiz so it had to be worth a try. The kit comes with three highlighting shades, one neutral colour, a banana correcting shade and a more shimmery highlight. The banana shade is perfect for sweeping in a triangle formation over the under eyes, making the area brighter and faking a perfect nights sleep. The shimmery shade is great for putting on the cheekbones and higher sections of your face to highlight the areas of your face that you want to be seen. The neutral shade is great for helping to blend out mistakes or just correct and highlight an area.

The contour section comes in 3 different shades. I use the middle shade mixed with a little bit of  it the second darkest one to get the correct balance for my skin. Don't be afraid to mix with these as they are super bendable and perfect for mixing together in order to find your shade.

Overall I think this is a perfect investment product and it saves the fuss of having to carry multiple palettes instead of just one. If you want to buy this palette last time I checked they had them on Cult Beauty and Sephora's websites but they are going in and out of stock a lot.

If you liked this post or want to have your say about this pallet feel free to leave a comment below.

Emily x

No comments:

Post a Comment