Sunday 17 August 2014

The Red Keep






Well hello internet. I promised holiday pictures so that's what you're getting. A week ago I was here. In beautiful Dubrovnik, Croatia. If it wasn't a good enough excuse to go to Dubrovnik just for the amazing views and history, then may I mention that the scenes in Kingslanding in Game of Thrones are filmed within the walled city. Game of Thrones is by far my favourite TV series and I am beside myself with excitement for season 5. As you know I'm a big fan I just had to come here and visit the Red Keep for myself. The walled old city of Dubrovnik is stunning. From the hand crafted bell tower to the old harbour full of boats. I can most definitely see why this place was chosen for Game of Thrones filming to take place as it fits the bill of "pretty old city with castle" perfectly. Walking around the walls and inner city I was just waiting to pass King Joffery being carried up the staircase followed by a concerned and intoxicated Cersei. I absolutely love travelling and especially to places that aren't always so popular, as then I can recommend people places that give a unique experience and Dubrovnik is one of those places.
 
We were taken on a guided tour around the city and given information about the beautiful old harbour and the towers surrounding the city. Out of all the places I've been this summer Dubrovnik takes 1st place. Dubrovnik really has a beautiful and rustic feel to it and I would recommend anyone to visit Dubrovnik as it's a different place to go that's full of lovely and interesting people. Even if you don't like Game of Thrones its truly beautiful, stop listening to me blabbering on and go!
 
let me know if you enjoyed this post or what you would like to see from me in the comments.
 
Emily x

No comments:

Post a Comment